Decisions, Decisions
It has been about two months now since I seriously started searching for a job. And of course I have searched and applied, searched and applied, and learned more about job searching and interviews, and of course I have attended interviews, some of which I thought were interesting. And after any interview, you still continue searching for more interesting jobs that may come along, just in case that one doesn't work out...
Anyway, about two weeks ago I interviewed with one organization which I thought was very good, and last week I got to interview with another good organization - how interesting! Well, yesterday, I got a phone call and was invited to attend a second interview with the first company, and this is what my dear husband had to say:
Me: Darling, I just got a phone call from company A and they have invited me for a second interview.
Darling: Oh darling! that is great. You know what, it is like being on "American Idol"... You are now through to the next round... Oh! I am so proud of you... Now, do what you need to do to get ready for that interview, and if it works out great.
Me: Thanks darling! I love you.
Well, today morning I got another phone call, this time from the second company offering me a J.O.B. I got excited, but of course after all the study I have done about job interviews, I remembered that you don't accept the offer immediately, at least have sometime to think about it, and so I told the lady I had to think about it and of course consult with my husband and that I would call her back... And here is what my dear husband had to say:
Me: Darling, guess what! Company B has offered me a job.
Darling: Wow! Darling, I am so proud of you.
Me: Oh Darling, what am I going to do now?
Darling: What do you mean what are you going to do? You have an offer, you are supposed to be happy... I know you have worked hard preparing for all this, and I think you deserve it.
Me: Well, you know I have this other interview coming up, and now this offer. What if the other company offers me a job? And I know that I would enjoy working there too.... Oh Lord!.... I think I need to pray about this...
Darling: That's a good idea, but you need to understand that these things do happen sometimes, and companies know and understand if someone refuse to take the offer. Listen darling, yesterday it was "American Idol" and you were through to the next round, but today it is "Deal or No Deal", and I say, take the "deal".
Me: Sniff, sniff... Okay! I am going to say some prayers.
After some time of prayer, consultation, reflection and of course some mathematics involved, we came to a decision and it is final "Deal". Well, with all that said I now have a job and will be starting work on Monday. This will of course bring some change to our family with both of us working full time. To all my friends and family, thank you for your prayers and encouragements... I really appreciate.


2 Comments:
Muts dear, i am so happy for you! Finding the perfect job is not easy and i am really impressed that you managed to hang in there through all those interviews .... girl, i would not have lasted! So what will you be doing at the job? Sure there will be adjustments with working full time, but i am sure you will love it. Good luck my dear!
Ruzanna will be in the US for 18 months. so glad you strated working! i miss working with you
Post a Comment
<< Home