THE SALIMUHOBBS ADVENTURE

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Strawberry Picking

One of the things I have enjoyed this spring is strawberry picking. Mom and I have been out two times on Saturday mornings picking strawberries at Hunter Farms and Greenhouses, a near by farm.

The first time I was so excited seeing all the strawberries and actually picking them myself. I have never seen a strawberry field as big as that one before, and now that I am thinking about it, I don't think I have actually seen strawberries grow... we always bought them from the store...hhhmmm... Anyway, there were big, small, ripe and green strawberries and a lot of people were there to enjoy that time, and the field looked so beautiful. We had so much fun and I enjoyed picking strawberries and wiping them with a paper towel and eating them straight from the farm and they were full of goodness.


The second time, which was last weekend, was harder work and less fun as most of the strawberries had been picked and we had to carefully look for the good ones, and we were able to pick a basket each after a hard day's work. We hope we will be able to enjoy more fresh strawberries next season....

We did take pictures but unfortunately our computer crashed and we lost them. So you'll just have to imagine it. :-)

oooh guess what. We've just recovered the hard drive. We are sooooo lucky!!! here are some pics from strawberry picking.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home