THE SALIMUHOBBS ADVENTURE

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Outing

Jarrett worked Saturday and Sunday, so it wasn't a long weekend for him, and because of that we decided to take a day trip on Monday, Memorial Day as we were both off. We first visited Brasstown waterfalls in Westminster, about an hour drive from where we live, and they were beautiful. My feeling was that not many people know about these beautiful falls as the place was very quiet with few cars around.



After the waterfalls, we drove about an hour and half to North Georgia to see the Tallulah Gorge, and the place was so busy and all the parking spaces had been taken and the man by the entrance asked us to park on the grass, since we had already paid...The gorge was big and we enjoyed our time there.


We had our packed lunch at the gorge site and later headed to Decatur, Georgia, which took us about 2 hours to get there. The drive was great and we enjoyed the beautiful scenery, played a memory game and enjoyed some good music. The trip to Decatur was a surprise, and we ended up at Your Dekalb Farmers Market. The market is huge and I was so excited to see all the familiar food from different parts of the world and the diversity of the staff and customers. The live and fresh fish was my favorite and of course we bought some fresh fish to take home with us.

After the market, we parked our car and got on a train to downtown Atlanta, which was only few minutes away, but far much better than driving in Atlanta. As we were there later in the afternoon, most places were already closed, but we visited underground Atlanta shopping area and the streets of Atlanta. We then took the train back to Decatur, got the car and drove to Wahoo Grill for dinner. Dinner was well presented and we were pleased with the food, but I noticed that their drinks were served at room temperature, not that I needed any ice in my water. Well, I guess it's just what you get used to seeing... after living in South Carolina for a year, I have noticed that people here have ice with a drink and sometimes I find myself asking for no ice in my drink when we visit restaurants, but I am slowly learning the idea of having alot ice in my drink. We then drove home right after dinner to get ready for work the next day, and it took us about 2 and half hours. Our drive back home was wonderful, Jarrett drove while I called some friends to catch up with them, and it was lovely talking to my dear friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home